Wednesday, March 24, 2010

National cheer competition

We found out at the beginning of the cheer season that there would be a national competition this year, to be held in Salt Lake!! I was super excited!
Then...I found out I was pregnant, and due just a couple weeks before the comp.! I was determined to go, I HAD to go, wanted to go sooo sooo bad! I would go...
Nine months later, I went!

It was just me and the girls. Matt stayed home with the boys for baseball. I braved the drive by myself with my girls.

Brightyn's first trip, first competition (of many, I'm afraid) and only two weeks old...call me crazy. I prepped her before she was born, so she was ready;) And she did AWESOME!!! Slept most of the day, nursed, slept and didn't make a peep!

Bayli on the left, Hailey on the right competing in a duo category this year. They had so much fun working on this duo and were so nervous for this competition...But...
They did absolutely awesome, spot-on-perfect, every motion, tumbling pass, and entire routine were perfect! I was so proud of them...
They took FIRST PLACE!! They got their jackets which they had dreamed about. So fun!
Not only did Bayli and Hailey get first, every other girl from their team who participated in a solo got first place! WAY TO GO, IFEA!!

Mikayla, Bayli, Hailey, and Rikkayla all show off their banners and jackets...national champs!!!

2 comments:

La Mujer Loca said...

Wow--a champion today...Wheaties tomorrow.

Elena said...

You are brave lady! Congrats to all the champs. I love that their names all rhyme. Too funny.