Monday, April 26, 2010

There was a time...

Once, there was a time when I had things mostly "under control". When I NEVER went to bed before the dinner dishes were done. A time when I vacuumed umpteen times a day, just to constantly have those fresh "vacuum lines" on my floor. Once there was a time that I was able to get out of bed in the morning, feeling refreshed and ready to begin the day. A time when I had an hour to myself to exercise, a time when breakfast was made and ready BEFORE the bus was waiting on the corner for my kids again. A time when I could take a really long shower, wear clean clothes for an entire day, get my hair done when I wanted to, and even use the restroom when I had to go rather than when I absolutely cannot hold it anymore and the baby will have to scream. There was a time when I didn't run around like a robot, when I could sit and relax and have absolutely nothing to do, but dream...

And now...time is going by ever so quickly, I don't have a lot of it as my days are filled to the brim with my children's activities, as most mom's are.

Would I change a single thing? Not on your life...time is so precious, and it is a shame that it has to go by ever so quickly. I thought about these things tonight, and then...I was sweetly reminded of just how fast life passes by...


This sweet girl, the big one, was just that size yesterday, she was my baby girl and now look at how big she is, how fast she has grown into a beautiful young woman, and is taking over so many of my responsiblities, one of which is helping take care of this precious little baby whom we love so very much, and sadly, who will also grow up one day and be just as big as this sister of hers, whom we also love so very much...
Time is not fair, it goes by way too quickly and this mom is hoping to cherish every single moment, because five babies later, I have finally learned the value of spending my precious time with my most precious gifts!

2 comments:

Elena said...

What a perfect post! So the truth isn't it?! Hope you're fairing okay with 5!!!

La Mujer Loca said...

It's a juggling act and a good fake-out, isn't it? Welcome to my world:)