With warmer weather on the horizon, it must mean that baseball season is coming to an end...at least that is how it works for us! We spend the first three months of baseball in our hats, coats, gloves, and blankets. There is certainly something wrong with that, but it's Idaho, what more can we expect?
This past weekend our boys (and I say "our boys" because this team is like an extension of our family) played in a tourney. It was a lot of fun and it was WARM!!! Yay!!
I also finally got a camera (thanks mom!) so here are some fun pics of Tanner and his cousin, Coleman...

Coleman gets "back" as this first baseman tries to pick him off, not fast enough! Way to be Coley!

Tanner sports (no pun intended) a huge grin as he lets one rip to center field for a single!

Matt is hard at work doing what he loves...coaching, of course!

Coleman winds up to close this one out...we win this game, thanks to some great pitching from him...and

thanks to this amazing throw from the outfield to Tanner to get our last out of the game! Way to go boys!

Coleman playing third base.

Tanner gives a pep talk to the infielders...

Way to dig that one, bud! Tanner loves to play catcher, I don't love it so much, it scares me when the batters swing, when a runner comes in and slides (they are allowed to wear metal cleats), and when balls like this are thrown in the dirt! He is awesome at it and loves doing it, so what do I do? I yell really loud and let him know how proud I am of him, of course! And if you notice, the umpire even closed his eyes on this one! Pretty impressive, if I say so myself!

There's more to baseball than just hitting, throwing, and catching...having fun is the most important part of playing this sport, and that is exactly what is happening here!
Great weekend Americans! Thanks for the fun games!
No comments:
Post a Comment