Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary to my one and only...

For my husband:

Fourteen Years! Yikes! Where exactly does the time go? I remember sooo well the past fourteen years and even before that when we started this journey that will last throughout eternity. I am so grateful to you, my sweet husband for all your patience, love, and understanding of me and my many weaknesses. I have enjoyed this journey with you so far, and I know there are many more years to come. Today, I wanted to express my love for you through our memories...

In 1993, our friendship began when my dear friends persuaded me to transfer into journalism and take the awesome trip to Long Beach where we would meet and hang out for several days...when we got home, you asked me out on our first date to Sophomore Hop!



Later that same year, you accepted the call to serve a full-time mission to Philadelphia. I said good-bye to you at the airport and didn't know our relationship would blossom during those two years...


And when you arrived home, my smile could not have been any bigger! I was so excited to see you and even more excited about the feelings that were telling me you were someone very special!

Our engagement happened two months after you came home, on September 20th. You took me to the Manti temple and asked me to be your eternal companion! I wholeheartedly agreed and our date was set for November 22nd, 1996.




Our wedding day is full of memories! First, it rained and rained all day long. We had to RUN into the temple, and RUN to our cars after the ceremony, thus preventing us getting any temple pictures:( Grandpa's camera was dropped and our pictures are all few and far between, BUT, I would not change that day for anything. EVER. You and I were meant to be together, no matter what the weather! And, as you always say "one day we will have all the pictures we will ever need, they are all recorded in heaven"! It was our perfect day, and the start of sooo many more memories...


Ward Activity 1998.
Our very first Christmas, just a month after we were married.

Silly times together with friends...
Lots and lots of flowers and gifts from you to always let me know how much you love me!

Many fun trips, including our Carribbean cruise!

Trip to the beach...
Several trips to Las Vegas...
Many more, including Moab, BYU Games, St. George, California, Florida, just to name a few.
But even most important, aside from the day we gave our hearts to one another was the moments we shared becoming a family...
Our sweet Bayli, January, 20th 1998.

Our stud, Tanner October 12th, 1999

Our sweet little Tucker, August 17th, 2002

Our Princess, Bridget November 28th, 2006.
And our muffin, Brightyn, February 26th, 2010.
My life has been full of blessings since the day we made our vows and I am so grateful for you and for all the memories that we have made and will continue to make throughout our lives together. You are my everything, I am nothing without you and I wish you a very happy day today! All my love, Jeni


No comments: