Thursday, February 11, 2010

A moment to be proud of

My Tanner is a sweet kid, really he is. He has a big heart and really tries hard to please others. Lately, that kid has gotten on my nerves so much! He is constantly bouncing a ball through my house, beating his hands, drum sticks, utensils, and anything else he can find on the walls, the counters, the bar stools, whatever is nearest to him to make noise and IT. DRIVES. ME. CRAZY!! He loves to pester his little brother and tease his sister...all in good fun, I know. But, sometimes, enough is enough, ya know?
Well, as I was going about my business today, cleaning up messes, folding laundry (was that today or yesterday?? Oh wait! I do this EVERYDAY, so it really doesn't matter☺) Tanner comes in from playing outside and asks if we have any treats. Well, I really didn't have anything and I really didn't care for him to be eating treats right before basketball practice, so I just said "no". He then preceded to tell me that the missionaries were down the road and he wanted to take them a treat. My heart immediately melted for appreciation for this wee child with an extra big heart! It was the cutest...he found some suckers left over from his valentine's cards and took them out to wait for the Elders to come past our house. I tried to get a picture of him, but I couldn't do it on the sly and I knew he would probably chicken out if I made a big deal out of it. Now, tell me, how do I get upset with such a sweet child who thinks of others when I don't expect it? What a kid!

4 comments:

Amberly said...

That is the best story! Thanks for sharing!!

Elena said...

AWWWWW....I guess you can't get angry at that. Too cute!

Cori said...

He is a sweet and tender boy...

Lori said...

Anyone who gives treats to missionaries is OK in my book!!