Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Eve

The kids got a surprise this year just before Christmas as we informed them that we would be spending Christmas in St. George with my mom and my sister and her family. They were ecstatic! I was thrilled to venture to warmer weather for once and enjoy a mild, peaceful holiday with one more surprise in store on Christmas day! I looked forward to this Christmas so much because my sister had proposed a plan to us in October and we had set forth putting it into motion and getting details organized to pull off the best Christmas my kids have ever had.

We left for St. George on the Wednesday before Christmas. My kids had been told that this was their Christmas gift. We weren't getting many presents this year. They were a bit disappointed to see absolutely no gifts packed in our full-to capacity car! Luckily, I had purchased all of their gifts on Black Friday and sent them home with my mom the very next day. "Operation big surprise" was underway!

St. George weather did not disappoint! I LOVE the weather and I LOVE St. George! We spent the next day doing some shopping and getting gifts wrapped and ready for Saturday. My mom treated all the girls to a pedicure, which was so nice and enjoyable! Even Bridget got on the pedicure bandwagon and got her little toes painted (zebra, of course!)

The weather was nice enough to enjoy the park and the boys got to play basketball and baseball outside.

The girls made gingerbread houses and painted nativity sets to keep them occupied and busy.

Tucker entertained the girls with grandma's toys.

Bayli helps Bridget paint part of the Nativity...
Haili and Emma paint their nativity set...

No comments: