Saturday was spend doing lots of things...baseball tryouts, playing outside, making strawberry jam, and dropping kids off to my parent's house for an egg hunt and dinner while Matt and I went with his family to dinner for his dad's birthday.
I should have broken tradition and had Easter on Saturday morning! And the reason why? We got home late Saturday night from visiting my parent's, there was a message reminding Tanner of his talk on Sunday, I still hadn't prepared my primary lesson (sharing time for the next week) and Matt had been asked to do a part in the sharing time for the next day. It was off to bed so Matt and I could attempt to get to bed at a reasonable hour (preferably before midnight)! Oh, did I mention NINE O' CLOCK church??
Ahhh, finally, I am fast asleep, my sharing time ready, Tanner's talk on the brain, the easter bunny has been and gone, the eggs hidden...and BAM!! It's 4:00 AM and Tucker is moving bar stools, talking wildly, grabbing baskets, running up and down the hall, his bedroom light flips on, I hear crinkle, crinkle, crack, crack as candy is opened... and finally..."MOM, DAD THE EASTER BUNNY CAME!!! Look what I got!" I am pretending to be asleep so he is talking to his dad and then I hear "dude, this is Bridget's basket...see it's pink and it has a Dora doll." "Oh, where's mine?" "Your's is the blue one and it has a rocket launcher inside of it." "OHhhhhhh!!"
Yeah, the last time I saw the clock...6 AM! I have the worst time going back to sleep after waking during the night, so needless to say, Easter morning literally came, and Easter morning literally went and I slept through my kids finding their baskets, finding their eggs, and got up just in time to do hair and get out to the car!
If you are wondering if it is a good idea to have Easter on Saturday morning with 9:00 church, I would highly recommend it! Wish I would've known!

7 comments:
Oh that cracks me up!! I had those same thoughts last year when our church was 9 am. I told myself that the Easter Bunny will come on Sat. when church is that early. Did you make your girls' dresses? So cute!
Boys will be boys! I'm glad it doesn't only happen at our house. Your girls looked darling! Glad you survived your crazy weekend!
Little kids are so fun. We didn't even color eggs this year. Part of me is bummed. But I sure didn't miss the mess. We have 10:00 church....but we leave the house at 8. I have learned (very early on) that if anything big needs to happen on Sunday morning....do it on Saturday. It saves so many headaches. Your girls looked beautiful in their Easter dresses.
We had Easter on Saturday morning
(9:00 church)and it was wonderful! Although, the Easter bunny also hid a few more eggs for Sunday morning. Some families have the Easter bunny come during church. That might be kinda fun. Well, I'm off to St. George:)
I like the idea of the Easter Bunny coming on Saturday. It would make Sunday go much easier. Your girls Easter dresses are beautiful!!
Elena, no I did not make those dresses. I was shopping after Christmas, actually and Bayli picked hers out and as we were heading up to the register I found the matching one in Bridget's size in a random place...it was meant to be!
Love the girls dresses. Gorgeous.
Post a Comment