I came up with this idea for our looooong trip to California. I knew we would be spending a lot of time in the car. I also knew that we would be stopping for gas (ugh) quite a bit. In order to avoid the "Can I please buy this?" and "I am sooo hungry, can I please have..." I decided to buy a bunch of treats and snacks that my kids don't normally get, but that they beg for all the time. I filled these boxes with all their own va
riety of snacks and then labeled them so they would know which was their own. They were given their "traveling treat tote" at the beginning of the trip and were told that it had to last the whole time! That way, they decided if they were hungry for a snack or not and they could only get upset at themselves for eating it all gone! It worked wonderfully! I never had to deal with spending money at the hundreds of places we had to stop!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's a great idea...We just finsihed a road trip from IL to CO...and I took snacks, but would have loved the idea of them each having their own, and being responsible for their own...
Post a Comment