Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"half family home evening"

As I posted yesterday, my mother took my three older children to her home for a couple days. So, when Monday night rolled around, Matt got a great idea for our little "half" family home evening...

We took our little Sweet Pea and the four-wheeler (Matt's prized possession) and rode around above Kelly's looking for huckleberries.

We had a great time, just the three of us and I realized how much I took for granted with just one child!

We didn't find very many berries, but we got to sample a few and that was fine. The air was pleasant, the scenery was beautiful and we had fun looking anyway! Matt will hate this pic, but I love it of Sweet Pea getting excited to "pick" berries!


She is a bit tired, but mostly her allergies were bothering her...darn things!





















Sweet Pea discovered that she liked the taste of the huckleberries, so she started picking them and putting them into her mouth. All my hopes of making jams, syrups, pancakes, ice cream topping, etc. were dashed! (okay, there weren't enough for any of that)!


Here she is ready to get going to the next spot!

2 comments:

Elena said...

Hey there! Found you through Brenda. I still remember when you were pregnant with that first little baby back in Boise. Can't believe how quickly the time has gone! Your family is beautiful. Hope you don't mind me peeking at you.

Brenda said...

What a fun idea! Aaron has been wanting to go do that, hopefully we will be making the time soon! Hope you enjoy your alone time with the little one! One kid sure seems easy, after you have had more than that!!!!!