Thursday, September 11, 2008

Funny story, I am still laughing!

As most of you know, our family took a 10-day camping vacation last month to Redfish Lake. I have a system in my house that when it comes time to pack the clothes into the trailer, I make a list for each of my older kids and they pack their own clothes.

Well, low and behold, Bayli forgets to pack the most important things...her underwear!

The first night that we are out in the middle of NOWHERE she decides to let me know that she has no extra undies! I couldn't beleive it. Well, lucky for her we were actually only about ten miles from the town of Ketchum (total tourist town). So, Matt and I decide to go to Ketchum to pick up a few things and we promise her that we will look for underwear.

That was harder than I had anticipated! I FINALLY found a children's clothing store and spotted the one rack with a few packages of underwear on them. As I bent down to find a size, I noticed the price tag...$38.00!!! I ran out of there as fast as I could manage without tripping over my jaw!

We found a little drug store that seemed to have most anything, so I asked the cute little girl working if they had any girl's underwear. She told me to look down this one aisle. I found a box on the bottom shelf and as I rummaged through, these are what I found...



Yes, that is a LACE DOILEY thing sewn to the bum! I laughed my guts out and took them to the register (they were price tag-less) and the poor young man could not keep a straight face as he scrambled to figure out how much to charge, well, he gave them to us for 50 cents a piece and my comment to him was "you would like to pay me to get these out of here, wouldn't you?" He just laughed and so did we...all the way home!

Needless to say, Bayli has since not forgotten her underwear! We still laugh about these things and she calls them her "camping undies" and takes them camping every time!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Too funny and a great natural consequence. I love when we make a memory that we can laugh at for years.

Elena said...

Oh, so funny. Maybe you can just keep those in the trailer at all times for emergencies! $38.00??! Good grief were they studded with diamonds?

bethi said...

That is classic!! how funny! I could learn from your organization skills!...(although nothing is perfect right?)

Brenda said...

What kind of underwear can you buy for $38? Thanks for the laugh!! Glad she was such a great sport!!!!