Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend at Juniper Campground

Okay, first of all, I am so sad to post about this weekend because I FORGOT MY CAMERA!! I am so ticked about it, but oh well, what do you do?
We have a yearly tradition in our family to go to Juniper Campground (Ririe Reservoir) every Labor Day weekend. We stay in the same spot and Matt's parents go with us. It is a great place to camp.
We got there on Friday evening, and as tradition goes, went over to Heise Hot Springs for dinner at their pizza parlor. This year Matt's oldest brother and his family joined us, so that was fun!
On Saturday we went out on the lake and had a great time with Matt's two brothers and thier families. The kids enjoyed tubing, wake boarding, and knee boarding. I also enjoyed a ride on the ski biscuit, until I was brutally thrown off! It was a great time though. We always enjoy a nice day on the water.
We had to come home that night for a wedding reception, then it was right back up for some visiting and eating.
Sunday, we came down for church (it takes us 15 minutes to get home). After church, right back up to the campground and just in time to get drenched with rain! It rained pretty much all night. It was a good time to hunker down with a good movie and snacks! We put the kids in our trailer with a movie, and the adults in my in-laws motorhome where we watched "21". Great show!
This morning, we packed up and came home and have spent the entire afternoon working on leveling my new washer (a story for another post!)
Hope you all had a safe and fun Holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Elena said...

Sounds like a fun tradition. Such a bummer that you forgot your camera. I hate it when I do that.

Cori said...

I know the feeling; I think we took a total of 2 pictures over Labor Day! We were hit hard with rain also - yuck! How was the 4-wheeling, or did you have to cancel due to the rain?

Unknown said...

We did the boating thing instead because our weather forcasted 50 degrees for Labor Day, and that was what it was!